Monday, November 30, 2009

black monday

I went out to Gardner's today and bought these three books:
1. Night of the Living Rat by Doyle and Macdonald
This is the second book in Daniel Pinkwater's Melvinge of the Megaverse series. While I didn't really like the first one that much, I'm willing to give the series another chance. The first one was written by David Bischoff whose novelization of the movie War Games I'd read way back in the 80s. This one is written by 2 authors I've never heard of and whose whole names I've yet to discover.
2. Help! I'm a Prisoner in the Library! by Eth Clifford
I remember I bought this one at a school book fair when I was in elementary school. Lately I've been feeling nostalgic for all the old books I read in my youth. This is one I remembered and missed. I had to use my cell phone in the store to search and remember the author's name before I found it.
3. The Stainless Steel Rat Sings the Blues by Harry Harrison
I have read every one of the other books in the series with the exception of this one. I've been searching for it for years. The last time I read one of this series was early '05 maybe. This one is clearly the prize pick of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment