Thursday, September 30, 2010

more books

I went by the used bookstore today. I found these three:
  1. The Iron Dream by Norman Spinrad. I heard that this book was banned in Germany because it was written from the point of view of Adolph Hitler, if Hitler had been a sci-fi writer instead of a dictator.
  2. As She Climbed Across the Table by Jonathan Lethem. I liked Gun, With Occasional Music, but not quite as much as The Wall of the Sky, The Wall of the Eye. I like his stuff better than Michael Chabon's. I don't know why I compare the two. Perhaps because I've read 2 by each author and I've got another left to read by each.
  3. Born to Rock by Gordon Korman. Another by my favorite YA writer. I couldn't resist the description on the back cover. A young republican falls from grace, finds out his dad is a punk rocker and becomes a roadie for his dad's band. On the front cover is a baby with a mohawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment