Saturday, October 30, 2010

book bag

Made another trip to the used book store last week. Got three more to add to the stacks. These be they:
  1. Steve Jackson's Sorcery! #4: The Crown of Kings - I bought a couple of these last time I visited Gardner's. They're not for serious readin', I just like having them around.
  2. Interstellar Pig by William Sleator - Seems like I'm never gonna run out of books by this author. As soon as I start reading one by him, I go out and find another. This is the eighth book I've found this year by William Sleator, and I know there's a lot more out there.
  3. Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - I've often seen this book on the shelves at B&N and Borders because usually I go to the SF/Fantasy section and look for Rudy Rucker. (They haven't had any new Rucker in years) A former manager at the restaurant where I work was reading this book a few years ago and recently a fellow stagehand at my other job has been recommending that I read it. He says it's better than Lord of the Rings. There were 2 copies of this book on the shelf, so I grabbed one. A few minutes later, I heard a lady asking the sales girl for this author. Ther went the second one. It's a thick book. I'll probably start on it next year some time.

Bonus book: Million Little Mistakes by Heather McElhatton - There were a couple of books by this author at B&N. I got this one because it deals with one of my favorite fantasies: what would you do if you won $22 million? This book is like a choose your own adventure for adults. I've started reading it a little bit, but don't like the decisions it gives me: pay for all my family's bills or blow all the money on something big and crazy for myself? Plus it's written from a chick's perspective, so I'm not too into it when presented with the choice of breaking up with your boyfriend or staying with him. As I said before, not for serious readin', I just like having it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment