Wednesday, April 27, 2011

fantasy trilogy

Almost done reading NOTW. It's real good. I will now finish my trilogy of fantasy recommendations. Dragonlance was the first fantasy series I ever read and it was a gateway into Dungeons & Dragons for me. A friend loaned me a D&D module, DL1. In it were character descriptions, a 3D map and details regarding monsters, treasure and non-player characters. All kinds of fascinating stuff that described the setting for an exciting story. It was my first role playing adventure and later my first dungeon mastering adventure. I read the whole trilogy, book by book, as they came out, as well as the next trilogy, Legends. Favorite character: Tasselhoff Burrfoot. I tried to read LOTR later, but couldn't get into it until after I saw the first movie. Then I had to read Two Towers to find out what happened to Merry and Pippen. (Spoiler) They escaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment